SCCA’s Shine boutique turns one year old this month. Jewelry, hats, and beautiful scarves, also found at the SCCA’s Rain or Shine gift shop, are in abundance at Shine. They sell everything happy, trendy, and tenderly supportive of patients, with an expanded selection of gifts and cancer-specific specialty items, within an atmosphere of light and laughter.
These retail stores also provide a wonderful opportunity for folks who wish to support patients and give back to the community as volunteers. The corps of retail volunteers at SCCA’s shops are remarkable people who enjoy making others feel comfortable and cared for. Want to join them? They are looking for volunteers for the following shifts:
- Rain or Shine – Mornings: Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Rain or Shine – Afternoons: Thursdays, Fridays
- Shine – Mornings: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
- Shine – Afternoons: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
- Shine – Weekends: Saturdays 10-2 or 11-3 (regularly or even just once a month)
SCCA’s next new volunteer orientation is October 10 and 17. The volunteer application is available on our website or contact volunteer coordinator Susan Greenwood at (206) 288-1072. For more about Shine, visit their web page or Facebook page.